The Katie Brown Educational Program (KBEP) was founded in 2001 in response to the brutal murder of Katherine “Katie” Brown of Barrington, Rhode Island. Katie was only 20 years old when she was killed by the young man she had dated on and off since high school.
In order to memorialize Katie’s life and honor everyone who has been impacted by relationship violence, we at the KBEP have made it our mission to educate people about this critical issue.
For a more detailed description of our program please click on the PROGRAM link at the top of the page.
If you or someone you know is currently involved in an abusive relationship, please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline for information on how to get help in your community. Their telephone number is 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233) or 1-800-787-3224 TTY. If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 right away.
- » Claire S. McVicker; Executive Director
- » Julie Ramos Gagliardi; Communications Director
- » Carrie Quigley; Administrator
- » Christy Caisse; Educational Program Coordinator
- » Nwando Ofokansi; College Education Coordinator
- » Kristen Nolan; Educator
- » Deshaun Ferguson; Educator